Spring is here!
With the abundance of rain, and now the spring sun starting to warm our lands, expect the grasses, weeds, flowers and trees to be in full expression more so than years passed. This means our immune systems will need to be in tip top shape to filter and respond to the countless seeds, pollen, and other irritants.
So, what can we do?
- Breathe in and out through your nose, not the mouth. The nose filters our oxygen, not only keeping pollutants out but conditions the air as it comes in.
- Make sure your microbiome is in good health. The microbiome creates a thin mucous lining that traps allergen particles from entering our body. Microbiome is all the microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, fungi) that live in our mouths, noses, sinuses, lungs, stomach and intestines. A healthier biome builds a stronger immune system and is essential for allergy prevention.
- Like all environments a variant ratio of good and bad bacteria is essential. This depends primarily on our diet and the available food sources. Adequate nutrition includes a large variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. Strive for the rainbows, the more variety the more colorful.
- Avoid foods that destroy the microbiome. This includes sugar, sugar substitutes, alcohol, and highly processed foods. Of course, antibiotics, while seemingly necessary at times, can also destroy the balance within the microbiome allowing yeast and fungus to proliferate. By trapping and removing these particles the microbiome directly assists in the prevention of our allergic responses being triggered.
- Chiropractic adjustment opens blocked areas of our nervous system which is essential for clear communication throughout our body systems. This allows for accurate evaluation and management of the body’s reactions and responses.
- Ask me about reprogramming the body’s reactions using muscle testing and contact analysis.
- Explore Nutritional support like Standard Process Allerplex, Immunaplex, and Zymex (good for bringing good yeast to the gut)
- If you need guidance doing your spring journey, I am here to help you, just ask!